The Word Became Flesh
Sunday, September 8, 2019
1. Jesus is PREEMINENT = superior to all things.
(Colossians 1:15-19; Hebrews 1:1-3; 1 Corinthians 8:6)
2. Jesus is ETERNAL.
(Revelation 1:8, 22:13; John 17:5)
3. Jesus is the WORD = GOD.
(Revelation 19:11-13; John 5:18, 8:58-59, 10:30, 20:27-29; Hebrews 1:8; Titus 2:13; Col. 2:9; Isa.55:11)
4.Jesus is CREATOR.
5. Jesus is the source of LIFE.
(John 5:26, 10:10, 11:25, 14:6; Acts 3:15)
6. Jesus is the LIGHT of the WORLD.
(John 8:12, 9:5, 12:46)
7. We are to bear witness of the Light that all may BELIEVE.
(John 3:30, 20:31; 1 John 5:12; Matthew 28:19,20)
8. We are not BORN as His children – we BECOME His children by RECEIVING Him.
(Romans 1:19,20; Matthew 21:33-45, Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-18; John 3:7, 5:18)
9. Jesus came to dwell AMONG mankind, for which there is EYEWITNESS evidence.
(Matthew 1:23; Isaiah 7:14; Philippians 2:6,7; 1 John 1:1-3)
10.Wrapped up in the grace and truth of Jesus Christ is BLESSING upon BLESSING upon BLESSING – undeserved and limitless!
(Philippians 4:19; James 1:17)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. Look back at the 6 “Jesus is” statements on the front of this note sheet. Which ones stand out the most to you? From which do you feel you can draw the most application for your life right now?
3. John the Baptist came to bear witness to Jesus and make an impact in the community surrounding him. Name one or two people who have made the greatest impact on your faith. What did they say/do that was so influential?
4. John says that Jesus came to His own, but He was not received. In John 8:12, Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” Yet so many [choose to] walk in darkness / not believe. Why do they make this choice? What if anything can we do to affect/change this?
5. Have you (v.12) “received” Jesus Christ? If so, share with your group when you received Jesus and became a child of God.
6. Verse 16 (ESV) says, “From His fullness we have all received grace upon grace.” Name one blessing you have recently received from God, and share how this blessing has changed you.