Standing In The Gap
Sunday, November 10, 2019
A House of Prayer
(Isaiah 56:7; 2 Chronicles 6:40, 7:15; Mark 11:17)
We are the Church
(2 Chronicles 6:18; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 2 Corinthians 6:19; 1 Peter 2:5)
God wants you to stand in the gap – through the Holy Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 2:11; James 4:2; Matthew 6:10; Romans 8:26-30)
God is looking for you.
(Ezekiel 22:30; Psalm 106:23)
How do we perceive the will of God?
(2 Timothy 3:16; Deuteronomy 8:3)
(Colossians 1:18; Philippians 3:10)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
[For more info on joining a THRIVE Group, visit thrivekg.org/thrive-groups.]
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. Consider the concept of the Church being a ‘house of prayer.’ What does this mean? What does this say about the primary function of the Church?
3. Read Ezekiel 22:30 and Psalm 106:23. God is looking for someone. In what ways might God have been / be looking for you? How have you / will you respond to Him? How did they respond in Ezekiel?
4. What is a Christ-centered Christian? What do Christ-centered Christians do?
5. Are you / in what ways are you standing in the gap?