Rise Up And Walk
Sunday, December 8, 2019
1. Jesus SEES me and KNOWS how long I’ve ‘been here.’
(Lamentations 3:22-23; Psalm 139:1-12)
2. What am I willing to DO (or SURRENDER) to be made well?
(John 3:19-20; Hebrews 12:1)
3. Am I making EXCUSES or heeding Jesus’ WORD?
4. Am I ‘making provisions to FAIL’, or am I walking forward in FAITH?
(Romans 13:4; Ephesians 5:3; Galatians 5:16,24; Mark 9:47)
5. Am I wrapped up in the TRADITIONS of men at the expense of following the HEART of God?
(Hosea 6:6; Matthew 9:13, 23:23; 12:11-12; Ephesians 5:10; Mark 7:6-8, 12:30-31; Galatians 6:2; Luke 14:1-6)
6. Go and SIN no more.
(John 8:11; 1 Corinthians 11:29,20; Matthew 16:26)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
[For more info on joining a THRIVE Group, visit thrivekg.org/thrive-groups.]
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. Why did Jesus ask the man “Do you want to be made well”? Why was this an important question? In what way might He ask us the same question today?
3. What did Jesus say to the man when he saw him later that day in the temple? Why was this important for the man? Why is this important for us?
4. What is it that you are having a difficult time letting go of / walking away from? In what way(s) is this making your relationship with Jesus (and maybe others) more difficult?
5. How did the religious leaders respond to the healed man? Why? In what ways do we see this same kind of response from some people today (maybe even in ourselves at times)?