Part of Something Bigger. Rooted #7: The Body of Christ
Sunday, June 16, 2019
(This is the 7th message in a 7-sermon series called “Rooted” (foundations of the Christian Faith.)
1. As a part of the Body of Christ, I am part of a NEW FAMILY.
(Ephesians 1:3-5, 1 John 3:1, Romans 6:23, Galatians 4:4-7)
2. As a part of the body of Christ, I have a NEW IDENTITY.
(2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Daniel 1, Romans 6:6)
3. As part of the Body of Christ, I’M called to PROCLAIM my NEW identity.
(Ephesians 2:8, Matthew 26:26-29, Revelation 19:6-9)
4. As part of the body of Christ, I am an AMBASSADOR.
(Ephesians 6:20, Philippians 3:20)
5. As part of the body of Christ, I have a spiritual GIFT OR GIFTS.
(1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, Ephesians 4:11-12, 1 Peter 4:10)
6. As part of the Body of Christ, I am committed to BUILD others UP.
(Ephesians 4:15-16, Galatians 5:13, Hebrews 10:24, Colossians 3:16)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. We were reminded this week that we are part of God’s family and we have a new identity. Which part of the “old you” do you find hardest to leave behind?
3. As an ambassador for Christ, what is the biggest challenge you face as you represent Christ in your home, work, school, neighborhood, etc.?
4. Have you identified your spiritual gift or gifts? If so, share them with the group. If not, what one thing from the message can you do now to help identify your gift?
5. Looking at the list of “One Another” verses from this week, which are easiest for you to live out? Which are the hardest?