Not The End!
Sunday, April 7, 2019
1. The BAD things that happen to us can turn out to be GOOD!
(Philippians 1:12-14, 4:22; Genesis 50:20; John 12:24,27)
2. When others do us wrong, we shouldn’t let it POISON our compassion.
(Luke6:27-36;Mark6:34; Colossians 3:12)
3. We need to spend FACE to FACE time with others and make HOPE an item of conversation.
(1 Thessalonians 2:8; Romans 11:13-14)
4. Don’t let the negative PR the Church gets pressure me to water down the truth or to COMPROMISE.
(Isaiah 55:10-11; Romans 1:16, 10:17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Peter 1:23)
5. God, please keep my heart from growing DULL in anyway.
(Isaiah6:9-10;Matthew11:15;Mark 4:9,23; Jeremiah 29:13; John 5:1-8)
6. Take ‘Kingdom advantage’ of the FREEDOM I have been given!
(John9:4;Galatians5:13;1Peter 2:16; Hebrews 12:1-2)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. We saw on Sunday where Paul’s house arrest in Rome actually served to further the spread of the gospel message. Describe a time when a not-so-good situation resulted in a favorable outcome. Would you be willing to go through it all over again?
3. The Jews said they “desired to hear from Paul”. When given the opportunity, Paul spoke clearly about the Kingdom of God and about Jesus. When given a clear moment of opportunity, we often talk about other matters that aren’t as important. Why might this be?
4. The prophet Isaiah warned about a dull heart (Isaiah 6), and Paul reminded the Jews of this. In what ways might your heart be growing or have grown dull towards things of Christ, the kingdom of God, and the family of God? What might it take to make it ‘sharp’ again?
5. If the Holy Spirit was to write Acts chapters 29+, what would you want to be said about you??