Multiply. Rooted #6: Advancing The Kingdom
Sunday, June 9, 2019
(This is the 6th message in a 7-sermon series called “Rooted” (foundations of the Christian Faith.)
1. GROWTH is about way more than what I GET.
What is the Kingdom of God?
(Matthew 4:17; John 3:3; Romans 10:9; John 20:22; 2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 13:44-46)
2. The Kingdom of God is the RULE over the hearts and lives of those who willingly SUBMIT to God’s authority.
(Acts 1:4-5,8; John 15:5; Colossians 1:29)
3. We need His power was to fulfill the MISSION He has for us!
My mission is to BE a witness.
(Matthew 5:14-16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 10:14; 1 Thessalonians 2:2-5; 1 Corinthians 1:18; Romans 2:21-23; Titus 1:16; Matthew 7:3, 14:13-21; Luke 14:16-21; 1 Peter 3:15; John 1:40-42)
4. I am on DISPLAY for the world to SEE.
5. I have something to SAY for the world to HEAR.
My mission is to MAKE disciples.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 15:24; 1 Peter 2:9; Hebrews 5:12; John 14:16-17; Ezra 7:10
6. We should be making DISCIPLES who make DISCIPLES who make DISCIPLES…
7. Our mission is to be a CONDUIT, not a RESERVOIR.
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1.Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2.When it comes to sharing your faith / the gospel, do you feel you have been engaged in biblical evangelism or more of a marketing strategy? Explain. How can we prevent our verbal sharing of the gospel from becoming like a “sales spiel”?
3.Is there a difference between “being a witness” and “going witnessing”? Explain.
4.Identify the reasons why verbally sharing your faith (the gospel message) might be difficult for you. What can you do to make it ‘easier’?
5.Are you currently coming alongside anyone to help them grow in their faith? (Or is someone coming alongside you?) Pray about starting this kind of relationship with someone, and let us know if you need some tips on what to do.