Ingrdients For Incredible!
Sunday, September 29, 2019
1. Jesus was extraordinary, but He also did ORDINARY things.
(Luke 2:7, 40, 52; 23:26, 46 John 4:6, 19:28; Matthew 4:2,11; Hebrews 4:15)
2. God’s timing is perfect, but there will still be disappointment and unfulfilled DESIRES for me at times.
(Isaiah 40:31, 55:8-9; Habakkuk 2:3; Ecclesiastes 3:1; Provers 3:5-6; Galatians 4:4; 2 Peter 3:9; John 12:23, 17:1)
3. Advice from Mary we should ALL heed: Do WHATEVER Jesus says.
(Luke 6:46, 11:28; Acts 22:10; John 14:15; 1 Samuel 15:22; Matthew 7:21; 1 John 5:3; James 1:22)
4. Jesus wants a VESSEL to pour into and from which to pour out.
(2 Timothy 2:20,21; 2 Corinthians 4:7; Acts 9:15)
5. Sometimes (or often) Jesus asks us to do what seems CRAZY.
(Joshua 6:1-17; Luke 5:1-11; John 21:1-6; Genesis 12:1-4; Luke 12:48; Esther 4:14)
6. When Jesus is working, there is nothing powerful, magical, or otherwise EXTRAORDINARY about what we bring to the table.
(Matthew 14:13-21; 1 Timothy 6:7; 1 Corinthians 1:27,31; Acts 4:13; Romans 9:21)
7. Without Jesus’ touch, my life and fruitfulness will be INFERIOR to what it could be.
(Colossians 1:10; 2 Peter 1:3-8; John 15:1-8)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
[For more info on joining a THRIVE Group, visit thrivekg.org/thrive-groups.]
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. If you had been responsible for this week-long celebration (where a ton of people were in attendance) and the wine ran out (at which point all eyes would have been on you), how do you think you would have felt / what do you think you would have done? What do we often do when situations in our lives take a quick left turn / don’t go according to plan?
3. Describe a time when God’s timing was ‘frustrating’ for you.
4. Why would Jesus use ordinary servants as part of an incredible miracle? How does this relate to us today?
5. Is there anything you’ve been trying to do (or deal with) lately without seeking Jesus’ help / touch? How’s it going? Is it fruitful? How might inviting Jesus to be a part of this make the outcome better?
6. The miracle Jesus performed was not accompanied by any fanfare or applause. Why do you think Jesus was more concerned about his followers seeing His glory and believing in Him than in making sure all the wedding guests knew what He had done?