Sunday, August 25, 2019
1. CONTENTMENT is learned, and the ‘class’ can be tough.
(2 Corinthians 11:24-27, 12:9-10)
2.God is generous to GIVE the grace and strength we need to do ALL things that please Him.
(John 15:5; 1 Timothy 6:6-7)
3. Am I actively PURSUING an opportunity to be generous?
(2 Corinthians 9:6-8)
4.We are to give SACRIFICIALLY from our limited supply; God gives to us from His LIMITLESS abundance.
(2 Corinthians 8:1-5; Luke 6:32; 21:1-4; Acts 20:35; 1 Timothy 6:9-10; 2 Kings 4:1-7; Psalm 23:1)
5.When we give to others, we are actually giving to GOD.
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. Is there a difference in the way you respond to God / worship Him when things are going well and when you are enduring a hard season? What causes our perspective be different in these 2 seasons?
3. 1 Timothy 6:6 says that “Godliness with contentment is great gain.” What is godliness? What does it look like to be ‘content being Godly’?
4. What prevents us from being generous givers? When have you been the recipient of generous giving? How did it impact the way you view giving and the way you give?
5. The Holy Spirit (through Paul) told us that “God shall supply all your needs…” (4:19) – but He wrote this to a group of generous givers. Is it right to assume that God will do the same for those who do not faithfully give? Why? Why not?