Exhortations Worth Embracing
Sunday, August 18, 2019
1. Be of the same MIND with other believers.
(Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13; Hebrews 12:14; Matthew 18:15.16)
2. Get involved and HELP when others are at odds.
(Philippians 2:4; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21; Galatians 6:2; Hebrews 6:10; John 15:12)
3. REJOICE regardless of the circumstances.
(Philippians 3:1; Romans 5:10-11, 12:12; 1 Thessalonians 5:16; Psalm 32:11, 33:21; Luke 1:47)
4. Live with a spirit of GENTLENESS that is on constant display for all to see.
(Colossians 3:12, 4:5-6; Galatians 5:22-23, 6:10; Romans 14:13)
5. Avail yourself to the power of PRAYER.
(Matthew 6:24,25-34; 1 Peter 5:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Ephesians 3:18-20; 1 Corinthians 2:9; Isaiah 26:3)
6. THINK properly!
(Colossians 3:2; Proverbs 4:23; Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 10:5)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Why did Paul call out Euodia and Syntyche by name? Was he ‘throwing them under the bus’? What was he trying to accomplish? Why would that be important then, and why is it important in the Church today?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. Why is it so vital that we captivate our thoughts? What could be the consequences of not doing this?
3. When you are anxious or worried, what do you do to feel better? If prayer is not at the top of your list, why would it be best to make prayer your first defense?
4. Make a list (personal to you) of things that your heart and mind need to be guarded against.
5. Early 1700’s Bible commentator Matthew Henry said this: “There is enough in God to furnish us with joy in the worst circumstance on earth… If good men have not a continual feast, it is their own fault.” What prevents you from experiencing the JOY of the Lord? How can you combat these distractions to live more fully in His joy?