Confidence In None But Jesus
Sunday, August 4, 2019
Signs of our commitment to CHRIST alone:
(Genesis 17:1,10-14; Leviticus 12:3; Galatians 2:1-3, 5:1-11; 1 Corinthians 7:17-20; Romans 6:14; Hebrews 10:1-18; Deuteronomy 10:12-16; Romans 2:29; Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5; John 4:24; Romans 3:23)
1. We “worship God in the Spirit” and not by OUTWARD activity.
2. We “rejoice in Christ Jesus” and not in OURSELVES or what we have done or can do.
3. We “put no CONFIDENCE” in our status, privileges, accomplishments, talents, or abilities.
WHY would we consider as LOSS everything the WORLD fights to gain??
(Philippians 1:21; Romans 6:2,6,11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 12:1-2; 1 John 2:15-17; John 17:3; 2 Peter 3:18; John 10:14; Ephesians 4:13
4. We count all things as loss so we can “GAIN Christ.”
5. We count all things as loss so we can have Jesus as our FOUNDATION.
6. We count all things as loss so we can intimately KNOW Jesus.
7. We count all things as loss so we can become more and more LIKE Jesus.
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. What activities or practices related to your faith / faith journey have recently felt more like duty and routine than a genuine offering or worship unto the Lord? Why do you think it ‘feels’ this way, and what might need to take place for this to change?
3. In what ways do you trust more in your position or privileges than in Christ alone? What do you think it will take for you to shift your trust more fully to Christ?
4. What might you be clinging to that you should likely let go of / count as loss? In what way(s) is this affecting your relationship with Christ?