A New Priority
Sunday, November 17, 2019
1. Our DRAMA can be difficult, but sometimes we have to dig further and ‘go there’.
(James 5:16; Proverbs 28:13; 1 John 1:7-9)
2. Jesus came, not to judge, but to REVEAL and RESCUE!
(Romans 2:4; John 3:17; John 12:47-48;
3. Before true satisfaction / living water can come, we have to DEAL with our SIN.
(Genesis 4:4-7; Colossians 3:5-6; Psalm 19:13-17; Matthew 4:17; Acts 3:19)
4. Don’t ‘change the station’ when the Holy Spirit is speaking CONVICTION to your heart.
(John 16:8; 2 Corinthians 7:9-10; Romans 2:5-6)
5. Worship is an OVERFLOW of our heart and takes on many forms; but what is being poured IN??
(1 Chronicles 16:23-31; Romans 12:1-2; Isaiah 29:13; Acts 16:25; Psalm 119:7; 1 Corinthians 10:31)
6. It’s not that we go LOOKING for God; He comes for us!
(John 3:16; 1 Peter 2:9; Psalm 139:16-17; Luke 15:4-6,11-32; Luke 19:10; John 15:16)
7. An encounter with Jesus will change our PERSPECTIVE and PRIORITY.
(Psalm 73:17; Matthew 6:33; Luke 12:34; John 20:18; Luke 19:8-10; Acts 9:6; Luke 23:42)
8. Because of what Jesus has done in us, may we be provoked to invite others to “COME and SEE”!
(Psalm 66:5; John 1:39, 46; Matthew 28:6,7)
Taking it further to help you THRIVE…
[For more info on joining a THRIVE Group, visit thrivekg.org/thrive-groups.]
1. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
2. Why do we often remain guarded, incomplete, and vague when talking to others about our sins or struggles? What is the danger of doing this? What might it cause us to miss?
3. In what way(s) recently have you sensed God pursuing you? What is He revealing to you? What have you learned, and how could / will that lesson impact your ongoing journey / walk with Him?
4. Jesus told the Samaritan woman that “true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.” (John 4:23). What does it mean to worship in spirit and truth? Are there ways that I am not a ‘true worshiper’?
5. Why do you think the woman left we water jar at the well? What is the application here for us (relative to an encounter with Jesus?)